Skull and Bones has been on the hype train for quite a while now. It was officially teased back during E3 in 2018. Since then, it has appealed to a variety of different players. We are now learning about the game and there is one fact that has made the game a bit less appealing to a group of prospective players. That fact is that the player (you) will not be able to leave your ship.
What are we talking about?
- The ships boarding and deboarding procedures in the safe zone will require a small cut scene.
- There will be no player driven raid parties ashore
- The player cannot personally be involved with any land raiding, ship to ship raiding, nor off ship looting.
- Resource collection and crafting will be done onboard.
I understand this could be off putting to some. This can also be a blessing in disguise for others.
A large group of players seem to have believed we were getting a Sea of Thieves clone with better graphics. This has never been the goal for Ubisoft.
We are not getting a Sea of Thieves clone, and I am happy for that.
So, what are we getting?
- Excellent pirate simulation
- Amazing strategy focused combat
What are we losing? Trolls. Let’s face it, the trolling of SoT and other games like Atlas -will be reduced heavily. Those who will enjoy the strategy focus and pirate role play will be very happy with our final result.
The game will be an amazing pirate simulation / strategy focused game. I am very much looking forward to it. A hands-on raiding game could indeed be cool; however, we have that in other games already in Sea of Thieves, Atlas, and others.